Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Reverie Harp
 
The Reverie Harp is made by Musicmakers in Stillwater, Minnesota.  I was introduced to this beautiful instrument in June 2012, when a Hospice music therapist was playing one for Mom.  The instrument was left in Mom's room, and I started to experiment with it.  Mom was calmed as she heard the familiar tunes and simple strumming.
 
I received my Reverie Harp in January 2013 and began playing it for groups.  My instrument has a Celtic Knot insert, instead of the Tree of Life shown here. 
 
This instrument was designed to be comfortable to hold and is tuned so anyone can play it.  Really!  I have people play my Reverie Harp in some of my Music for Memory sessions.  They strike the strings with a wooden mallet, or move the mallet across the strings.  Some people like to strum the strings as they sing a song.  They enjoy feeling the vibrations of the Reverie Harp as they hold and play it.  The vibrations are calming, and the sounds are soothing.
 
(I am not making medical claims.  These are my personal experiences and observations.)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment